Friday, May 21, 2010

Just like, Starting Over...

I bet the most used phrase in blogging is "Sorry about neglecting this blog......"

Well, Marie Lambden, who works in Tynwald with me, and who is the wife of Murray, Web Supremo, came into our office, dressed in severe clothing, and beat me around the head with the copy of Hansard containing the three hour debate we had on Dog Poo in Douglas last year, until I agreed to add more to this Blog ****

So where were we up to, what with the Great Snot and the Dodgy Knee?

I had rested for three weeks in early April, because of the Knee, but then decided to go for it. I could walk on the straight and level without problem, but hills caused pain. I tried a couple of tentative 2 mile sessions on the treadmill at the NSC, with no reaction, and on the 23rd April, I tried a 5 mile effort on the treadmill, with again no aftermath, other than some swelling.

Two days later I did an eight mile walk around Lonan Old Church, in 1.37.41, slower than normal, but I realised that even with just a three week lay off, a lot of the fitness disappears.

It was just like starting over.

A couple of days later, a 12 mile walk, out through Lonan Old Church to Fairy Cottage and back was completed in 2.27.14, and a couple of days after that I did a ten mile walk, same route, out to Baldrine in 2.02. I found I was having to drag my left leg up the hills, trying not to put pressure on it.

Not sure if that is sustainable over 85 miles - and it is still a problem.

I then had another lay off for a couple of weeks, including a weekend away to see my daughter and I also travelled up to see Colchester United in their last league game of the season against Orient. People do strange things....

So, that's what I have done.

Another blog later showing what I haven't done, but a Blog with some PROMISES about what I will do......


**** This may have been part of a very strange dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment